Founded in 1991, Rifkind Law Group (RLG), based in Marin County, provides legal services to the greater Bay Area and throughout the State of California. For the past 27 years, we have successfully served thousands of clients in real estate, land use, and business matters, ranging from individual single-family residential projects to complex business entities.
Let's get in touch
At RLG, we know that finding the right legal representation can be challenging. Accordingly, our team of legal professionals provide a free initial telephone consultation up to 30 minutes in duration to determine if we are the appropriate legal counsel. If not, we are pleased to provide referrals.
Leonard A. Rifkind, Esq.
Len Rifkind was born and raised in Marin County. He has represented thousands of clients over the past 29 years in real estate litigation and transactional matters. In addition, he lectures throughout the state on the subjects of easement, boundary and neighbor disputes, as well as locally on the topics of broker disputes, disclosure issues, and landlord-tenant law. Len has a committed record of community service, having served as Mayor of the City of Larkspur, president of the Marin County Bar Association, president of the Board of Directors of Congregation Rodef Shalom, and coach of a local high school mock trial team. Outside of the office, he is an avid outdoor adventure enthusiast. Lastly, Len has been married for 29 years with two grown children and two grandchildren.
- Principal with Grand-Partners, LLC, a real estate development company that purchases distressed properties, and adds value to create stabilized assets for its equity investors.
- Owner of two major health clubs located in Los Angels and Las Vegas.
- Chair of the Marin County Bar Association Real Property Law Section.
- Spoke at the 2017 State Bar of California, Real Property Law Section Annual Retreat on the subject of California Boundary and Neighbor Law.
- Serves on the Building Committee for Marin General Hospital, a $534 Million Dollar rebuild of a major regional hospital.
- Provided editorial comments for the CEB Treatise: California Real Estate Brokers: Law and Litigation.
California Western School of Law
Juris Doctor, Cum Laude, 1988
Honors: Extern to Justice Marcus M. Kaufman, Supreme Court of California
San Diego State University
B.S., Geophysics, 1984
- California Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- Marin County Bar Association, Real Property Law Section, Chair
- Marin County Bar Association, Governor's Judicial Evaluation Committee
- California, Nevada (Inactive)
- United States District Court: Northern, Eastern, Central and Southern Districts of California, and Hawaii
Christopher A. Skelton, Esq.
Chris Skelton’s practice focuses on land use, real estate, and civil litigation. He is skilled at processing land use entitlements by assisting property owners, developers, and institutions with due diligence, zoning analysis, strategy, and project advocacy. Chris’s experience with the Subdivision Map Act, Mitigation Fee Act, California Environmental Quality Act, and the Brown Act enables him to successfully represent his clients. His civil litigation encompasses the real estate spectrum from property related TRO's to complex real property and boundary disputes.
Chris previously served as a Planning Commissioner in Mill Valley where he assisted in the adoption of the Housing Element and an updated General Plan. His Commissioner position allowed him intimate insight into the local development process, interpretation and drafting of municipal codes, and application of local laws and policies. In addition to this truly local perspective, Chris has successfully drafted and ushered through state legislation on behalf of clients. Prior to his work in the private sector, Chris worked at the Marin County Counsel’s Office. When not practicing law, Chris enjoys an active lifestyle of cycling throughout the Bay Area and exploring Mt. Tam with his wife and two children.
McGeorge School of Law
Juris Doctor, 2012
Honors: Extern to Justice Peter Siggins, California Court of Appeal, 1st District
B.A., History & Japanese, 2006
Activities & Affiliations
- California State Bar Association, Member
- Marin County Bar Association, Member
- Licensed California Real Estate Salesperson (No.01932344)
- United States District Court, Northern District of California